Position Title: Linen and Glassware Service Personnel
Starting Wage: $9.50 an hour
Hours after 40 paid at time and a half.
Days worked: Thursday through Saturday and Monday through Tuesday
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Position Tasks & Activities:
- Clean, inspect, iron and package linens as trained and directed.
- Restock cleaned and packaged linens.
- Clean, sanitize, inspect glassware and china for quality.
- Restock cleaned and packaged glassware and china.
- Verify counts on all returned linens and glassware.
- Record missing items on returned contracts.
- Stage customer pick-ups and deliveries.
- Fill in for other positions, when necessary, for smooth operation of the business.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form
Nature of the Work:
Daily use of washer, dryers and flatwork ironers. Daily use of commercial dishwasher. Exposure to above average temperatures is prevalent. There is a high degree of lifting and a significant degree of standing, walking, bending and transporting objects of various weights and dimensions. Must have a full range of motion and dexterity.
Most work will be indoors using typical tools, hampers, dollies, racks, etc. Most mechanical equipment used (flatwork ironers, laundry machines and commercial dish washer) are electrical and may be gas fired. The exposure to moving belts is continuous in the ironing function. There is exposure to detergents, cleaning chemicals, hot water and linen.
Education, Skills & Requirements:
- Must be able to lift approximately 50 lbs.
- Must maintain a professional personal appearance.
- Must be able to use mathematics to solve problems.
- Computer knowledge is preferred. Training on rental software will be provided.
- Must be able to speak English clearly and write legibly. The ability to speak other languages is a plus.
- Must pass company drug screen.
Linen Preparation Personnel – Party & Events Industry:
Created by the American Rental Association
- Must maintain an acceptable attendance record.
- Must have a full range of motion and dexterity.
- Must be able to provide, understand and complete instructions furnished in written, oral or scheduled form.
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with co-workers.
Reports to: Linen Preparation Supervisor